Nov 30, 2018
In the first episode of the Roadmap to Professional School
series, Dr. Scott Wright (Executive Director of TMDSAS, JAMP, Texas
Health Education Service - Research Center and Advising Network)
discusses key areas freshmen should focus on mastering.
Here are some key points:
- The application to medical, dental, or veterinary school begins
on Day 1 of college!
- During the transition from high school to college, you'll want
to learn how to learn deeply. Making good grades does not equal
- Take Gen Chem as soon as possible to stay in line with the
sequence of courses.
- College is about growth and development. Reflect on why you're
pursuing the activities you're doing, what you're getting out of
the experiences, and how this will make you a better healthcare
- Build your network. Engage with professors, TAs, peers, and
health professions advisors.
- Keep a record of your activities and what you take away from
- Think positively! You're on this road for the long haul.
Join our online communities to receive early access to the
podcasts, ask questions and receive information directly from
TMDSAS, professional schools and advisors.
- The TMDSAS Hub is
open to all applicants in the EY2019/2020 cycle.
- The TMDSAS
Non-Traditional Applicants group is open to all applicants
who identify themselves as non-traditional and would like to
connect with other applicants.
If you have any questions or comments about the podcast, reach
us at email@example.com.
The TMDSAS Podcast is a proud affiliate of the MededMedia